Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Habarana, Elephants and Dambulla



We are back in Colombo after 2 days of travelling. We had a van all to ourselves and I sat in the back seat with Umar and Luqman. Hannah was laughing all the way and playing with my dad.

We drove for ages to Habarana where we were staying at the hotel. We had a room all to ourselves and it had a concrete bed and table. There was a soft bit on the bed too.


Our hotel in Habarana.


We got two big jeeps and went to the wildlife park. I stood up in the back. It was cool. The wind blew our hair a lot.


Our 4WD.


Standing in the back of the jeep.


The elephants were so close and there were baby's too.




Me and Aysha in the park.


My class says that baby's drink 8-10liters of milk a day and stay with their mums for 6-8yrs...wow.

These were Asian elephants, not African elephants which are much bigger and have different ears.

We saw a small tusker.



The next day we went to Dambulla which is an ancient Buddhist temple on top of a big rock. We climbed up to it and saw heaps of Macaque monkeys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhesus_macaque) they were really cheeky and came really close to pinch food, and well anything that was around.


Dambulla.

 Dambulla Temple.


 Lotus flowers.


 Inside the caves.




 The MONKEYS!!!!!!



That is me...not a MONKEY!!!!


I took photos of the Buddhas and paintings inside the caves.

We drove for ages again back to colombo and saw heaps of road side fruit stall and shops, we ate fresh bananas my new favorite.

Today we are having a quiet day because the wedding is tomorrow. Next week we are going to a big plantation house that we have rented for two days. There is another beach there and we are going to play a lot.


 Aysha, Dad, Me and Hannah at Dambulla.

I have only a week and a bit left here in Sri Lanka, I will miss Sri Lanka cause I have had so much fun.

Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment