Monday, August 12, 2013

Galle Fort.

I was excited today because dad said that we were going to go on a big train ride and swim in a pool that was actually the ocean. We were all going to go to Galle Fort. Dad told me that Galle was in the Tsunami of 2004 and we saw where the water came up to.



 Leaving for the train at 6:45am


We had to leave very early to catch the train. There were so many people that we didn't get a seat at first, but I got one and then Luqman and Umar got one too. By the end we were all squeezed into 3 seats, but it was fun.



Forte train station in Pettah.
We had to stand up for most of the ride.

The train was very big, and made a lot of noise. I fell asleep, but I also got to look out of the windows. The train was going fast.


Asleep on Dad.
The train went super fast, like a bullet train.

We had a snack, my favorite sugar buns, and then went to the beach. We found corals and stuff at the beach, and splashed Aysha and Ruqi.


Sugar Buns.......yummy.
 
The lighthouse at the beach...It was like a pool but actually the ocean!!!!
The Beach...
Searching for Corals.
Luqman and me, he is 6 too.
Building sand castles with Umar.
Me and Luqman at Galle Fort
All of us at Galle.


We looked around Galle Fort and had an Ice block. Dad and Aysha and Ruqi and Katheeja and us had lunch and then we went back home on the big bus.

I had a cool day and it was hot, it always is hot here.

Dad said we are going to Skype my friends at school on Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. I can see where all those sugar buns have gone!!! you are certainly a lot bigger than Luqman :) once again love seeing you on the beach and this time in the water - bet it was warm xx Mummy

    ReplyDelete