Monday, August 26, 2013

The Wedding and Ambalangoda

 The main reason for us coming to Sri Lanka was to go to one of Aysha's cousins weddings. This wedding was much bigger than Dad and Aysha's. There were about 300 people there. Aysha said to me that this is a small wedding. I thought it was huge.

Dad and Aysha got dressed up. Aysha looked pretty. She had a pink dress on. It is called a Shalwar. Dad wore his suit. And I had new clothes and shoes. Luquman and Umar had shorts and waistcoats on, I was glad I had on only a shirt because it was hot.

What I wore to the wedding.


 Dad and Aysha.


Everybody was dressed up. They were wearing Shalwar's or another kind of dress a Sari. They were very colourful and some even had lots of jewels on them.

The wedding was really fancy, this is part of the dining room. There was a classical band there too, up in the balcony.

Dad and I were the only ones there that were not Sri Lankan, but this was cool as everybody was asking me questions.

The kids at the wedding had their own room and we had chips, fish fingers, sausages and vegetables for dinner. After this we had three types of Ice Cream. We even got to watch movies on the big screen!!! This was awesome.

We went in a prius car to the wedding. It was an eletric car and had a cool display showing the engine and the wheels moving. On the way home we went in a brand new KIA. It was silver and had cool wheels, and a driver.

We got home at midnight after the wedding and I slept in until 9 o'clock in the morning the day after.

We had a quiet day after the wedding. Aysha, Dad and I went out in the tuk tuk and had juice. I had a Strawberry Juice. It was all strawberry and it was yum!!!! We also went t the beach and I played on the tide line where the sand would fall away under my feet.

 Play equipment on Dehiwela Beach.


Look at this boat???


We saw fishermen pulling in their boats from fishing.


 Dad, Aysha and I climbed out onto the rocks.


 This sand was so much fun!!!!




mmmmmm.......Strawberry.


The next day Dad and Aysha went to the Waleema and I stayed with Auntie Katheedja. She cooked me dinner and we had fun. Dad wore a Kurta, which is like a long shirt, he looked like a king.
Dad and Aysha going to the Waleema.


Now we are in Ambalangoda at a really big house with heaps of rooms and a place to play cricket outside. There is a pond with frogs, really big ones with a white strip down their backs, and water snakes!!!! I got bitten by a red ant, so did Umar. It HURT!!! The ants are huge!!!.

 The house and the pond.

Luquman and I looking for Snakes and Frogs.

This is one of the sitting rooms...this house is huge!!!!


I played a new game called Carron with Uncle Shamal. It is like snooker, but you use your fingers to flick the pieces.


We played cricket for ages in the afternoon and had necto to drink. Tomorrow we are going to the market and to another beach...yay. I love the beach.

 Cricket!!!!


Cricket!!!!


We are staying here again tomorrow and then going to Colombo on Wednesday. We only have 4 more sleeps until I come home again on the big aeroplane.

I got an email from school, but we haven't had good internet until now to answer it. I will do it soon.

See you all soon.

Smith.


1 comment: